Drivin’ and Thinkin’ Can Be Dangerous
Are you ever driving in traffic and have this “brilliant” idea for a song flash into your mind? If you haven’t, your mind works differently than mine – ‘cuz it happens to me all the time. Now, if I was some talented music artist I could pull over and jot down some lyrics and the song would flow into a smash hit. But I’m not and I don’t. The title is as far as I get.
Well, the list of possible titles below represents the extent of my progress on a fantastic career in country music. But when I review these musical musings, I smile. So, I hope they do the same for you.
Here are some ideas for titles… I’ll leave the lyrics and music to pop into your head. These songs are just crying out for someone to come along and make them live so, you country music stars out there – Have fun!
Titles from the mind of Len M. Allen (If you could call it a mind)
1. MY MOUTH KEEPS WRITIN’ CHECKS MY BODY CAN’T CASH
2. IT’S HARD TO ACT SOPHISTICATED – WHEN YOU’RE EATIN’ CORN ‘N FRIED CHICKEN
3. IF YOU’RE LICKIN’ YOUR FINGERS ‘N WIPIN’ YOUR FACE – YOU’RE IN A COUNTRY KIND’A PLACE
4. IT’S HARD TO BE HUMBLE WHEN YOU’RE ME
5. MY MAN CAVE IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO HIDE
6. EVERY MAN NEEDS A MAN CAVE – A PLACE TO GO WHERE HE’S NOT THE SLAVE
7. IT’S HARD TO GO OUT, HONEY – WHEN I’M SITTIN HERE WITHOUT MY PANTS
8. MY LIFE’S NOT BAD – IF I COULD ONLY FORGET ‘BOUT YOU
9. WHY BE IN A HURRY WHEN YOU’VE GOT NOWHERE TO GO
10. MY JOB IS LIKE A GRAVEYARD – THERE’S LOTS OF PEOPLE UNDER ME, BUT NOBODY’S LISTENIN’
11. MY FACE HAS NO MOUTH SINCE I SHOT IT OFF TO YOU
12. I CAN’T SMILE SINCE YOU SLAPPED IT OFF MY FACE
13. SINCE MY GOLF GAME WENT TO PIECES YOU’RE MY FAVORITE GAME TO PLAY
14. YOU’RE A BOGIE ON MY SCORE CARD – BUT YOU’RE STILL ABOVE PAR TO ME
15. I’M ALL-IN SINCE YOU CALLED MY BLUFF
16. MY DOG IS GONE – BUT I’M STILL HOLDIN’ ON TO YOU
17. BEING INNOCENT AIN’T THE SAME AS NOT GETTIN’ CAUGHT
18. KEEP SMILIN’ BABY, CUZ THE SUN IS GOOD FOR YOUR TEETH
19. I’M NOT GOOD AT PLAYIN’ POKER – BUT I’M GONNA CALL YOUR BLUFF
20. MY LIFE’S A NASCAR RACE TRACK – AND I’M HEADIN’ FOR A CRASH
Come on – smile. The sun IS good for your teeth.
Think about it… and have a little fun!